My sister came to visit this weekend, which means I spent nearly all of Saturday and Sunday running around this lovely town and, for the most part, photographed nothing. So, visualize, if you can…
– giraffes at Lincoln Park Zoo.
– extreme, debilitating disappointment at Lincoln Park Zoo upon discovering penguins no longer live at the zoo. I haven’t visited the zoo since April 2011, so I was unaware of this tragic turn of events.
– a walk through Lincoln Park (the neighborhood), including a trek through Oz Park and a jaunt down Halsted.
– homemade pizza with spinach, tomatoes, and black olives (no mushrooms, sadly, since my sister doesn’t like them).
– Forever Yogurt and effectively counteracting anything that could have possibly resembled healthy with ALL the frozen yogurt toppings. Best.
– A personal shopping session, courtesy of my SIGNIFICANTLY more fashionable sister.
– Exploration of Whole Foods in Lincoln Park, including a trip to the hot bar.
– Cookie Butter Peanut Butter. aka a fabulous sugar high.
– An accidental trip to Fleet Feet.
Dang it. I’m hoping these more-cushioned-than-my-Mizunos Asics will make my longer long runs a bit less brutal on my cranky legs. We shall see.
I’ve recently realized I’m dating running shoes. After a tragic breakup with my New Balance 890s, I’ve been wandering alone in the wide, scary world of running shoes, turning to professionals for guidance but never quite finding what I’m looking for because there’s always something that keeps the shoes from measuring up to my standards — they’re too heavy, they’re too loose, they’re too tight across the top, they’re too hard, they’re cushioned too weird. Really, it all boils down to the fact that I haven’t gotten over my 890s yet when I just desperately need to move on.
Maybe this is why I’m single.
How was your weekend?