I’m not the most adventurous cook in the world. I like to stick with the basic principles I’ve mastered and find ways to make things interesting with that. Stir frying is one of those basic principles. Easy + quick = perfect for this college student. Thus: Chicken Mushroom Skillet.
(I also clearly like to stick with basic ingredients I’ve mastered. Every single recipe I’ve posted either involves chicken or is for granola. I’m in a rut. Help me!)
Chicken Mushroom Skillet
– 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, thawed and diced
– 2 mini bella mushrooms, chopped
– 1/8 cup chopped onion
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 3/4 Tbsp. olive oil
– 1/2 cup pasta of your choosing
– 1/2 Roma tomato, diced
– dash of salt and pepper
4. Cut heat, but keep skillet on same burner. Add tomato and stir. Allow to cook one minute.
5. Sprinkle basil over mixture and stir. (I used dried basil because it’s what I had, but I imagine chopped fresh basil would also taste fine).
6. Serve over pasta.
Seriously, people. I need to get out of this chicken rut. Suggestions?