Get ready, people. I’m about to introduce you to the greatest granola recipe of all time.
That might be a slight exaggeration. Out of the three different types of granola I’ve made, however (C Granola, chocolate peanut butter granola [a burned fail the first time around 😦 ], and almond granola), this is easily my favorite. If you like almond, this granola will rock your world.
– 2 cups old fashioned oats
– 1/2 cup almonds (I used whole because it’s what I had, but I think slivered would work better)
– 1 tsp. cinnamon
– 4 Tbsp. honey
– 2 Tbsp. canola oil
– 1/4 tsp. almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Combine oats, almonds, and cinnamon in bowl. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, combine canola oil, honey, and almond extract together. Mix well.
4. Pour liquid combination over dry ingredients. Mix well. Spread on cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
5. Cook granola for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
6. Allow to cool and store in airtight container as long as you can manage to avoid eating it.
When I made this, my nonstick spray was nearly out, so some of the granola stuck together. That ended up giving me delightful little clusters of granola-y goodness. I recommend it if you don’t mind scraping the cookie sheet 🙂
What’s your favorite variety of granola?