Confession: I never particularly liked chicken and rice growing up. We didn’t have it too often, but on one occasion the chicken came out really dry and that ruined my appetite for the meal.
Enter the remix 🙂
This is a more Italian-ified take on the traditional chicken and rice I had growing up, and I’m not gonna lie: I’m a big fan of the result. I feel like this is the first recipe I’ve really created, so I’m a bit proud of myself. The best part about this recipe: it’s fast. Super fast. Easily less than 30 minutes from the time you take the ingredients out until it’s on your plate. Perfect!
Chicken and Rice Remix
– 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, thawed
– 1/4 c. chopped onion
– 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
– 4 mini bella mushrooms, chopped
– 1/8 c. chopped basil
– 3/4 Tbsp. olive oil
– 1/2 cup pasta sauce
– 1 cup rice
1. Heat skillet on medium heat. Add olive oil.
2. Add onion and chicken to skillet. Saute 3-5 minutes or until chicken is nearly (but not entirely) cooked.
3. Add garlic and mushrooms. Saute additional 3 minutes, or until mushrooms are cooked to your liking.
That’s it! Super simple, super fast, super delicious. What more could you ask for?
What dishes did you not like growing up?
P.S. It’s my birthday next Sunday. As in seven days from now. As in September 18. It’s the last milestone birthday until 30, if that gives you any idea of how old I’ll be turning, and I’m kind of ridiculously stoked. I’ll try not to talk about it too much 😉