I’m a little addicted to granola. Out of all the pour-into-bowl-and-immediately-consume breakfast cereals (i.e.: not oatmeal or overnight oats), granola is definitely my favorite.
I made granola for the first time ever on Saturday, and I’m in love with the result. It was so easy! It’s also pretty tasty if I do say so myself, which is as good enough of a reason as any to share the recipe in my opinion. I figured Cinnamon Chia Seed Coconut Nutmeg Honey Almond Granola was a bit of a mouthful, so C Granola it is after the dominant ingredients 🙂
inspired by/adapted from Cinnamon Chia Seed Granola
– 2 cups old-fashioned oats
– 4 Tbsp. chia seeds
– 1/4 cup shredded coconut
– 1 tsp. cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp. nutmeg + a little extra, to taste
– 1/8 tsp. almond extract
– 4 Tbsp. honey
– 2 Tbsp. canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees and spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Combine oats, chia seeds, coconut, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl.
3. In separate smaller bowl, combine honey, canola oil and almond extract. Whisk well.
4. Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients and stir to coat.
What’s your favorite granola?